Friday, October 11, 2013

Why did you focus only on T-shirts?


In the beginning, the guys just wanted cool uniforms for the kids they coached.

Jonathan Jwayad, Travis Chock and Jonathan Loomis were college buddies running a summer baseball camp in Eugene. They called it Baseballism, with an emphasis on the isms. At camp, they shared famous quotes about the game. The uniform was a simple Retro pattern couple T-Shirt with the camp name -- a baseball bat subbing in for the i -- printed on the chest.



When college ended in 2006, so did Baseballism camp. The coaches headed back to Portland, where they took day jobs in marketing and branding. Occasionally, they wore their old camp uniform shirts.




I fell in love with the culture of custom-made limited edition red T-shirts when I was in the US. Besides acquiring a big collection, I also taught myself to do silk-screen printing and began designing T-shirts as a hobby. After moving back to Dubai two years ago, I felt that there is a need to develop a home-grown culture in the Middle East for awesome T-shirts designed by artists based here. And I thought, the best way was through an online portal that local artists can go to and showcase their work, get paid and design what inspires them. I love art and I believe that every blank T-shirt is a beautiful canvas craving a brush stroke of art. Hicustom.com is here to bring this art into people’s lives. Personally, I feel happy to wear something that is unique and that I relate to, and I want to offer our customers the same feeling.


Is this open only to artists and customers from the region?
Our focus is on encouraging artists from the GCC region, but we have printed designs received from other places too.

Do you have any tips for artists regarding a successful design?
Different people have different tastes. I like quirky, humorous ones, whereas others may prefer something artistic. We have seen that generally people prefer simplicity over complex designs, and designs with an Arabic twist are particularly popular.

also hve many style t-shirts in personalized tshirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment